Sunday, June 8, 2014

STARTING A JOURNEY BACK TO GOOD HEALTH

   I need to get back to being a healthier person. I use to be in great shape and played lots of sports. I was in the gym all the time lifting weights getting stronger. And then I gained a bunch of weight between getting hurt and going through a depression. Not using those as excuses, they are what caused it, but it is on me for letting it happen. At one point I weighted the most I had ever weight, and sadly I believe it was around 500.


   That was 4 years ago. I am still way over weight, but not that bad. I have lost a lot in that time. But now it is time to lose even more. Stop talking about it, and do something about it. Talk is cheap when saying your going to lose as you sit in front of the TV. Around the time that I got the bug to get back to the gym, 24hr Fitness was having a great deal. I got my membership, and have now started my journey back to being healthy.

   For the time being I have decided to stay away from lifting weights for now. I am just focusing on cardio. I need to drop some weight before getting back into weightlifting. As much as I do miss lifting. I need to focus on one thing at a time.

   I started my training the week of the 21st of April. Because I start work at 8 in the morning and don't get off till 5, I decided to get up and go to the gym in the morning before work around 5:30. The first two weeks I road the bike for 20 minutes. The first of May I moved it up to 25 minutes. And just recently moved that time up to 30 minutes.

   I am going every weekday for the most part. I might miss a day here and there, but for the most part you can find me at the gym bright and early on the bike. Be on the lookout for a healthier me, cause I will get back to a weight where I don't have to wonder if my size is going to be a problem when I head somewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment