Sunday, December 24, 2017

LACK OF CHRISTMAS FEELING

   Tis the season to be jolly, or so the song says. This years Christmas feels weird. I have not really felt the "Christmas sprite" yet. As I am writing this, it is Christmas Eve! Not sure what it is, it just does not feel like Christmas. Maybe its the lack of Christmas music that I have heard this year.

   I got all my shopping done, mostly online. That could be it also. Not going to the store as much and hearing all the Christmas music. Not seeing all the decorations and hearing people saying,"Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays". That could be a big part of it.


  Now don't think that cause I said all this, that I am being a Grinch. I am not raining on anyone's parade. I am not being anti-Christmas at all. I love this time of year, and no, not for the gifts. I even told everyone that I didn't want anyone to spend money on me this year. Its not about receiving gifts at all. I don't need anything. Anything I really need, I can get for myself.

   Christmas to me is about, like Thanksgiving, being thankful for your health, family, and what you have. Also about giving to others. Maybe when my family shows up later tonight for a Christmas Eve get together, I will start to get that feeling, being surround by love ones. Just leading up to the day, it just feels like any other day.

   Well either way, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, or whatever you celebrate. May you and your family have a even better 2018 then this past one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment