Sunday, November 26, 2017

CONCERTS OF 2017

   Who doesn't love going to concerts to listen to live music? Seeing your favorite bands playing the songs you blast on the radio or other music device, singing along to words. Rocking out to music that makes you feel good. I still remember my first concert till this day. Well the year of 2017 has been filled with a bunch of concerts, eight to be exacted.

   My concert session started in January when I went to see my friend Brian perform with his band, Angel's Of Fear. They played in a local bar called The Golden Bull in Oakland, California. I have gone to support Brian and Angel's Of Fear all the time. It's fun watching local bands, and you never know, you could be watching the next big thing.


  I didn't go to another concert till May. I was excited to see this bands, cause it was a throw back concert. I went to the, The Total Package Tour staring Boyz II Men, Paula Abdul, and New Kids On The Block. I have been a big fan of all three of these bands since the late 80's/early 90's. Boyz II Men have a bunch of hits that I grew up on. Paula Abdul surprised me on the great show she put on. I also forgot how many hit she really has. I would love to go see Paula Abdul again. New Kids On The Block, the original boy band. Man how the girls screamed when they came out. They might be a older band, but they still went out there and danced like they was young.

   At the beginning of the year I bought a concert pack of tickets. For sixty five dollars I got four concerts, two tickets each. The tickets were for a concert in June, Stone Sour and KORN, July, Avenged Sevenfold, August, Jimmy Eat World/Incubus, and September, The Offspring/Sublime with Rome. That is one hella of a deal.

  This was my first time seeing Stone Sour. I have only seen Corey Taylor when he plays with his original band, Slipknot. Corey Taylor is super talented. This was my second time seeing KORN. Might I add, Baby Metal opened for Stone Sour and KORN. I had never heard of them before, and man what a treat that was. If you have never heard or seen Baby Metal, do yourself a favor and look them up! I have following Avenged Sevenfold since the early 2000's. Took me all this time to finally see them. And that was one hell of a show. There encore was almost a hour long.

   Now I was never a big Jimmy Eat World fan. I think because there big hit The Middle got played so much, it really turned me off from them. Having saying that, they put on one great show, I was had a great time listening to them play. They also had more hits then I realized. Incubus, what I can I say about them? They are amazing. Once again, they are a band I have been flowing forever, but never had seen live. One of my all time favorite songs is I Wish You Were Here.

  This was my second time seeing The Offspring. They killed it when I saw them in 1999, and they still killed it when I saw the eighteen years later. They are a band that I want to see again! When they played Gone Away on the piano, that was breath taking. Sublime put a good show. Rome is a great stand in singer for Bradley Nowell who passed away. My one complaint about this concert is, Offspring came out first and got you pumped up! Then Sublime comes out, and they play a lot more mellow. If they were turned around, it would have been a lot better.

   Also during July, I went to Las Vegas and saw the Backstreet Boys. Yes, that would be two boy bands in one year. Good music, is good music. Now I said earlier that the girls was screaming for NKOTB, well they went even harder for the Backstreet Boys! That place went crazy when they came out. If your in Vegas and have a chance to see them at Planet Hollywood, I say do it.

   October I went to Aftershock for the first time. That was a two day festival. And I had a blast both days. If you want to know more on this one, checkout my post I did on this concert.
AFTERSHOCK FUN 2017

   After Aftershock, I thought I was done with concerts for the year. Then I got a call from my boy Brian. He asked me if I wanted to go see another band from the 90's, and he was paying for it. That concert would be Third Eye Blind. Brian has seen them before, I had not. We was right in the front of the stage. Even though they started about twenty minutes late, they made up for it with a great show of classic hits. How's It Going To Be and Jumper on the acoustic guitar was a great experience.

   There was one more show I was suppose to see in July, which was Rise Against and The Deftones. I had gotten a really bad allergy attack, and could not make it.

  Its bee a crazy year of concerts. Getting to see a lot of bands I have loved and yet never got to see. I will have a YouTube video compilation soon. I can't wait to see who will be coming around next year, I already have one planned for January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment