Thursday, April 24, 2014

THREE WEEKS OF BEING SICK!

   For someone who never really gets sick, I have been sick for the past two weeks. Now it has not been the same sickness this whole time. You know that old saying,"One thing after another" and "When it rains, it pours"? Well those both seem to describe my past two weeks. First it was a really back allergy attack that was followed by food poisoning, that was followed by white spots on my throat.

   Once in a great while I get really bad allergy attacks that just put me on my butt. Been going through that this the past 2 weeks. The first week was the worst of it. I barley made it out of bed on Wednesday the 2. But I toughed it out at work. Nothing like having a dry eyes and sneezing nonstop with a small fever.


   Right as I was getting over my allergies, I got food poisoning. Nothing two bad, but was on the toilet a lot! I was trying to figure out how I got it. Thought it might have been from some chicken I had at a BBQ I was at. Then I was watching the news and saw that they had a recall on the new Philly Cheese Steak Hot Pockets. The recall was issued cause they was using diseased and unsound animals. Yes very lovely! So I was using the bathroom A LOT that week.

   Just as I was getting over the food poisoning, my throat started getting really sore. One morning I used a flash light and a mirror to look at my throat and I had a bunch of white spots on my tonsils. Now I have not had strep throat in years. I believe I was in Jr. High, if not Elementary school. I fought threw the pain, and would come home from work taking naps. I even came close to passing out at work. Finally I was forced to go to the ER by my mom and wife. I hate going to the doctors, and would rather just fight through the sickness. The doctor said I didn't have strep throat, but some kind of virus. She prescribed me some meds and sent me on my way.

   It has not been a fun couple of weeks to say the least. I am still fighting my allergies a little and a sore throat from coughing. The white spots are all gone though. I will be happy when this month is over. All and all thought, I have not missed one day of work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment