Saturday, October 19, 2013

GOT MY FIRST TICKET!

   At the beginning of the month on October 4 I got my first ticket. Well technically my first ticket for a traffic violation. I have gotten a jaywalking ticket before years ago, but I won't go into that now. I have been driving since I was 15 years old and I am now 31. 16 years with out no traffic tickets is pretty good if you ask me. I know a lot of people who get tickets all the time.

   Okay, so the morning I got the ticket I was heading to work. Now down at the corner of Station and Castro Valley Boulevard (CVB), where I have to turn everyday, is a sign. Now this sign says,"No Right Turn On Red". The thing is that it is not always there all day, just in the morning. It will open up from like 7 am to I believe 9 am. The rest of the day you can make a right on red.


   Right on the corner of Station and CVB is a Jiffy Lube Oil place. A car last minute swung into there parking lot slowing me down. I ended up in the crosswalk as the light turned red. In my mind I thought,"Well I am already this far, I might as well go while the other cars are still stopped." Well I guess I was wrong for thing that cause I got pulled over. Now Right before I got pulled over I guy on a motorcycle yelled red light. That guy promptly got the middle finger and a "Kiss my ass." So is it a little ironic that a motorcycle cop is who pulled me over? Maybe, but I was happy to see the guys look on his face when I gave him the finger.

   Now I knew why I got pulled over. I didn't make a sink about it or try to argue with the cop. Right away though I remembered that I still had not put my 2014 sticker on my truck yet. Luckily I had it in the truck with me. He told me to make sure to put it on and gave me a ticket for not obeying the sign. Which is really cool since he could have gave me a ticket for running a red light also, and the not obeying the sign ticket is a hole lot cheaper then running a red light ticket. He was being cool about it, so I just went with the flow.

   I still have not received the price of the ticket in the mail yet. I tried looking it up online, but I will just have to wait. I believe it around $70. Not as bad as it could have been. The price for running a red light is in the hundreds. As soon as I get it, I will update this post. Hey if I get lucky, it would have gotten lost will the Government had its shut down! One can only hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment