Sunday, July 5, 2020

MY SPY REVIEW

   A movie I was looking forward to see this year was the movie My Spy. Sadly due to the COVID-19 outbreak, it was not able to come out in theaters. It was suppose to debut in theaters around March 2020. Amazon Prime did get the rights to play the movie April 8th, 2020. Starring Dave Bautista, Chloe Coleman, and Kristen Schaal, My Spy is a action comedy directed by Peter Segal. Now as I said, I was looking forward to this movie, but a friend of mine thought it did not look entertaining. In fact I texted him I was going to watch it and I got a sick face emoji from him.

   My Spy sees CIA agent JJ on a surveillance operation when he is caught by nine year old Sophie. JJ makes a deal with Sophie in exchange for not blowing his cover. Sophie has JJ show her how to become a spy. JJ who thinks this will be a easy task, soon finds out that Sophie is not easily outwitted.

   I fully enjoyed this movie. I was laughing throughout this whole movie. Bautista is a really good actor. Every time I see him in the movie, he becomes one of my favorite things about the movie. Stuber that came out in 2019 was okay, it had its moments, but Bautista is what made that movie. My Spy tops that one all around.
   One thing about this movie though is that I wish they would have built up the villain of the movie. I liked that they stayed focused on JJ and Sophie, but the whole reason JJ is there is to get info on the villain just to have in in a total of ten minutes of the movie. They could have change the mission he was on to get to the same end of the movie.

   Besides some cussing, which I didn't think was all that bad, this is a good funny movie you could watch with your family or just as a comedy by yourself. Bautista is good in a comedy and action role, and you get both in this movie. It really sucks that this movie did not get a real theater debut, I really think it would have been a good box office hit. It is definitely worth the watch, and is free if you have Amazon Prime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment