Monday, April 23, 2018

CHEESECAKE FACTORY REVIEW

   I have only been to The Cheesecake Factory twice in my life, and I really don't know if I will go back again. I went there the first time years ago, and from what I remember, it was a good experience. This last trip, not so much. Last Sunday(4/22/18), I went to the Cheesecake Factory in Pleasanton California with my brother Joseph, sister Emily, and wife Crystal, we did not have a good time.

   We did not have a long wait, we got sat pretty fast. The outside sitting was open, so we decided to eat our lunch outside in the beautiful weather we was having. The waiter came over and took our drink orders, and after awhile took our food order. As we sat outside, the sun started to move. When we sat down, the sun was behind the building, and now was right in my face. I get that since we decided to sit outside, that that was a possibility of happening. When our waiter came to check on us, I asked if he could bring a extra umbrella that was sitting in the corner over to block the sun, he said okay and left.


   After about ten minutes, I see two guys from the restaurant grabbing the umbrella, thinking that our waiter told them to move it to our table, I was surprised when they took it to another table all together. Now we asked two more times for them to help with the situation, and no help. Finally the sun was out of my face, but now was in Crystal's face. At this time the food arrives.

   I got spaghetti and my sister chicken Alfredo, both dishes you get Parmesan cheese on top of your food. They did not bring out the cheese. Once again, we had to ask three different times before they brought it out. We both started on our food, and go the cheese with half our food gone.

   As I switch spots with Crystal, so she does not have the sun in her face while she eats, and no they still have not fix the lack of shade problem, my brother tells us how he is not enjoying his food. His rice was over cooked, and the chicken tasted off, is what he told us. Both Joseph and Crystal was telling me how there drinks were completely watered down.

   At this point, none of use are happy and we ask for a manager. And to go with the day, we have to ask another three times.....STILL NO MANAGER. Right before I could get up to find one, Joseph gets up and goes inside to talk to the girls at the front desk to get a manager. Fifteen minutes later, a manager shows up. We go over all the issue we was having, Joseph tells the manager how he is not happy with his food, only taking a few bites out it, and he did not want to pay for it.

   Now as we are speaking to the manager, someone who is in charge of what is going on in the restaurant, you think he would show some concern or remorse. NOPE! We got a blank share with him saying,"Okay", grabbing Joseph's plate, and walks off. The manager could careless about anything we had to say. He did take Joseph's meal and drink off the bill, so I guess that is something.

   We was not looking for him to kiss our ass or anything like that, don't think that is what I am trying to get at. But to not even give a sorry or anything, that is just ridiculous. We don't got to place to just complain and try to get free stuff, if anything, if I ask for a manager its to let them know of a issue.

   I don't blame the waiter at the end of the day. He was young and I don't think was trained properly. He might have even been new to the job. I could tell he was trying, but with management that don't seem to give a care about customers, I can see why he was not trained right.

   I don't have any plans to go back to the Cheesecake Factory anytime soon if this is how they treat people coming to spend money at there restaurant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment