Saturday, March 3, 2018

DEATH WISH (2018) NO SPOILERS

   I just got home from watching the remake to the 1974 film that starred Charles Bronson, Death Wish, which was based off a book by Brian Garfield. In the new 2018 version of the classic movie, Bruce Willis takes on the lead role as Paul Kersey. The city it takes place also changed from New York to Chicago. When I first saw the trailer for Death Wish and saw that Bruce Willis was going to play the lead role, I got excited. The fact that they used a well known actor and not some random Joe Blow, made the idea of a remake more acceptable.


   The plot of the movie is that while at work, Paul's wife and daughter are at home and are attacked during a home invasion. Paul's wife is murdered and his daughter is left in a coma. With the police no help from being over worked, Paul slowly slips into a realization that if he wanted justice for his family, he would need to take matters into his own hands.

   The plot does hit home to anyone that has been put in a situation feeling helpless and wanting to take matters into your own hands. Also bring up questions like, is "vigilante justice" the answer? Is taking the law into your own hands a good thing, or causing more of a problem? There was a line in the movie that I really liked, and I hope to get close to what was said. It goes,"The problem with cops is, they show up after the crime is committed. A man has to protect his own". I am going off of memory, so I hope that was how it went.

   I really liked the movie. I did feel like the beginning was a little slow, but when the action did start up, it was great. It just took a little longer then I felt was necessary for Paul to get to the point of taking matters into his own hands. That aside, it was fun movie that gets you to thinking, would you do things your way if you saw no help coming from the police? I suggest going to checkout Death Wish, plus Bruce Willis, enough said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment