Friday, March 11, 2016

Who Will Win The Day:Marvel Or DC Comics

   In the next couple of months there are two huge comic book movies coming out. Captain America: Civil War for Marvel and Batman Vs Superman for DC Comics. The stage is set for hero vs hero. Which movie are fans wanting more? Both have big hype around them, but who will come out on top of the box office?

   I can only talk from my point of view, but I am excited for both these movies. As a superhero fan since I was a kid, this is a great time for me. Comic book movies are the new norm. Where as before, they was just looked at as something only for kids. Okay, okay, there kinda still are, but who as a adult now, not love all the superhero movies out from the comics we read as a kid? I am going to talk about both movies and my opinion from what we have seen so far in the trailers.

   Here we go....


   Since Batman Vs Superman comes out first, I start with DC Comics. The movie a lot of fans have wanted to see for a long time! Final Batman and Superman on the same screen at the same time. That is one thing I can say that DC Comics always had a problem with when it came to movies. They only ever had Superman stand alone movies or Batman stand alone movies. Well, we did get a Green Lantern movie, but let's not go there. Comic book fans have been wanting to see more from DC Comics when it came to there live action movies. Now they do some awesome work when making animated movies, best out there, live action..not so much.

   The resent Batman movies were great and Man Of Steel was pretty good, in my opinion, but once again, we only got two of DC Comics characters. What about Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.? Well with Batman Vs Superman, it sets up the rest of the Justice League. So lets dive into the movie.

   Batman Vs Superman has looks good over all. The scenes we have seen from the trailer looks like some good fights happen, and it looks like some good build up to with the interactions of Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne. Batman thinks Superman is a threat to the world after watching the fight between Superman and General Zod in the movie Man Of Steel. He prepares himself for war, as he sees he is the only one who can take on this threat. And it will be a fight of the ages.

   Well here is what problems I have with the movie from what I have seen in the trailers. Lex Luthor is all wrong. Jesse Eisenberg, like him as a actor, not as Lex Luthor. He just does not look, sound, or feel like Lex to me. Also the fact that there trying to say Lex Luthor created Doomsday out of General Zod is just way out of left field and has nothing to do with Doomsday origins. Speaking of Doomsday, he looks all wrong.

   No matter what, I am going to see Batman Vs Superman. Also can't wait to see how it will lead into movies like Justice League and Suicide Squad.

   Now lets dive into Marvel's third Captain America movie, Civil War. Civil War was one of the biggest thing that happen in comics. Heroes vs heroes, no longer fighting side by side, but against each other. The Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, picking sides of what they think is the right thing to do. Team Iron Man vs Team Captain America! And with this movie, we are getting new Characters introduced to the Marvel Universe.

   Team Iron Man from the trailer shows that Black Widow, War Machine, Vision, and Black Panther has sided with Tony Stark. Marvel is finally bring in Black Panther, which is awesome.

   Team Captain America shows that Scarlet Witch, Winter Solider, Hawkeye, Falcon, and Ant-Man sided with Steve Rodgers.

   And in the middle of all this is Spider-Man! Finally my favorite Superhero, Spider-Man, is back in Marvel made movies. Now If you followed the comics of Civil War, you know that Spider-Man played a big part of the war between heroes. From the trailer, it looks like he is Team Iron Man. We will see what happens, I have my thoughts. No spoilers from me.

   I don't really have any complains about Civil War. Everything has me excited about it. I do wish we could have had at least Wolverine in the movie, but yeah....Fox!

   Both movies are going to be huge, and I am exited for both. More for Civil War, after reading above, you can see why. I really can't wait to see what happens in the box office. Its gong to be a great time either way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment