Tuesday, July 14, 2015

MARILYN MANSON & SMASHING PUMPKINS CONCERT 7/7/15


 On Tuesday July 7th 2015 I went to the Concord Pavilion to see a concert. That concert was Marilyn Manson and The Smashing Pumpkins! It was the kick off to The End Of Times Tour. I went with my wife Crystal, and my boys Brian, Ben, and Andy. Had some luck at the venue, which is nice. This was the third time I saw Manson, but the first time seeing The Smashing Pumpkins, and it was a hell of a show.

   I took off work a hour early to get ready for the concert on Tuesday. Went home and changed and then after Ben got to my house, left to pick up Brian and Andy. Once we was all together, we headed out for what turned out to be a great night. We had some great laughs and talks on the way out to the Pavilion. As we pulled up, we got our money out to pay for parking. To our surprise, parking was free. 

   And now comes the "had some luck" part. As we was walking up the hill to get to the entrance, a lady driving a cart asked if anybody wanted a ride, so we all jumped in. As she is taking us up the hill, I figured that she would just drop us off in the front where the long line to get in was, nope. She took us around to a side entrance was for the V.I.P parking. We got right in with no wait.

   The opening act was a band called Cage. I liked a lot of the beats of the songs they was playing. I would need to listen to them again to really tell you if I really liked them or not. Had two songs I liked.
   Manson killed it like he always does. He started off with some new songs, but once the old songs started playing, everyone was into it. He sounded like he was having some mic issues, but nothing to bad to not enjoy the show. He played some older stuff from his first album, which was pretty cool. I just wish he would have played Long Hard Road Outta Hell, one of my favorites.

   Man, the Pumpkins came out hard. They too put on a hell of a show. They played one of my favorite songs second, Bullets With Butterfly Wings. As they was playing hit after hit, I was thinking to myself,"What song are they going to close with? Its got to be a big hit." I was then thinking that it would be 1979, but when they same was played, I had no Idea. Then came the final song of the night, and I had to kick myself in the ass for forgetting this song. They ended the show with one of there biggest hits, Today. I don't know how the hell I could have forgot about that song.
   We left the concert very happy, got our moneys wroth. When we got back into town we stopped and got some food. A lot of good laughs amongst friends. Got to bed around 1:30 and had to be up for work at 6:30. Well wroth the lack of sleep. If you have a chance to see either of these bands, do it! I have added a video I put together of clips from the concert at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment