Thursday, June 4, 2020

2010'S DEVIL MOVIE REVIEW

   Devil is another movie from 2010 I wanted to see when it came out but never made it to the theaters to see it. When it came out on DVD a few friends had seen it and told me it was not worth a watch. Now I am a person who is a firm believer in forming your own opinion when it comes to movies. Yet it took me ten years to finally sit down and watching it.


   A story by M. Night Shyamalan, this movie is categorized as supernatural horror film. In this movie five strangers enter a elevator minding there own business. Suddenly the elevator gets stuck. The five trapped passengers start to get paranoid and weary of each other. But when one of them is murdered when the lights go out, everyone is a suspect. Was it one of the others or something else all together?
   I really liked this movie for more then one reason. All the actors did a good job throughout the movie. It keeps you entertained wondering who is doing this and why. Also the thought of being stuck in a small space with four other people and no way out gives you the chills. Even if you're really not claustrophobic, which I can be at times, you will get that nervous itch seeing people being stuck together so close. The paranoid build up can be seen from scene to scene after each time the light would start to go out, and everyone knew something bad was about to happen. Now could you see some of the twists coming, yes, but there was one I didn't see at all. And when I caught it, it left me with my mouth dropped open.

No comments:

Post a Comment