Saturday, May 23, 2020

2010'S THE CRAZIES REVIEW


   I just got done watching the movie The Crazies from 2010. It's a movie that I was always interested in seeing, but never took the time to watch it. Really surprised that I missed it in the theaters since it is a movie right up my ally. As I sat at home flipping through movies on Amazon Prime, I came across it and thought, why not finally watch this movie. My wife and brother in-law had not seen it either, so seemed like a good pick to throw some popcorn in the microwave and sit back watch and enjoy.

   The Crazies takes place in a farming town where for some reason the town folks one by one start to well, go crazy. At first they think it could just be random, but when more and more of the towns people start killing loved ones for no reason, the sheriff starts to worry. After finding a dead pilot, and a large plane that crashed in a near by swamp, all hell breaks lose. The sheriff, his wife, the wife's co-worker, and the deputy try to escape the town to get help. But the Crazies are not the only ones trying to stop them from leaving town!
   I really wish I had seen this movie sooner. I was entertained the whole time watching this movie. It could have had some more kills by "The Crazies", but the kills we did get where good. There is a certain kill in a car wash scene that is my favorite kill in the whole movie. Only other way besides more of the kills would have been if they had made it a little more bloody, but that's just how I like my movies. I don't need crazy gore, but a little more blood would have been nice. Only other gripe I had was the lead female, she was annoying.
   Another reason I like this movie is because of the similarities I see between the movie and the video game Days Gone that came out in 2019. I don't want to say to much that would give away the movie or the game, but if you have played the game and seen this movie, you will know what I am talking about. The Crazies are not zombies like they are in Days Gone, but there still aspects that are identical. And I really would like to know if they got the idea for the game from The Crazies.

   If you have not seen this movie, it is worth the watch. So pop some popcorn, kick your feet up, and enjoy The Crazies, and let me know if you think it help up from ten years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment