Tuesday, June 16, 2020

COME TO DADDY MOVIE REVIEW

   Come To Daddy is labeled as a comedy horror, but I would say it is more of a horror thriller. I first heard of this movie from my cousin Brian who host the Terrible Terror Podcast. After showing me the trailer I was hooked and wanted to see it. One thing that I loved about the trailer is that it gives nothing way from the movie. And there is a BIG twist that I am so happy did not get spoiled.

   Starring Elijah Wood as a privileged man-child, (Norval), who gets a letter from his father who left him as a kid over thirty years ago. The letter only says that Norval's father wanted to see him, but didn't say why. In hopes to reconnect with this father, Norval shows up to find that his dad is not all that he hoped he would be. An abusive alcoholic, Norval starts to wonder why he is there in the first place.
   This movie is the kind of thriller that makes you think the movie is going in different directions a few times. You are lead to wonder if this is a slasher, paranormal, or a psychical movie. And I enjoyed it the whole time. I did not see the twist that happens coming at all. Elijah Wood puts on a great performance as a unsure adult that has major daddy issues. Could use a good haircut, sorry had to mention the horrible hair he had.

   It's hard to really get into this movie without talking spoilers. I do believe this movie is worth a watch. It's not the same old story you see over and over again. A little slow at the start, yet keeps you wondering where the story is going and how it's going to end.

   My cousin Brian did a review on Come To Daddy on his podcast. He does do a full spoiler review on the episode, but is well wroth the listen. So please, make sure to check that out! I will add it below.

Listen to "Come to Daddy" on Spreaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment